You've made it through half the year and Summer is on the way! We think that calls for a celebration. So fire up your grill and let's get the party started right with 5 easy tips to help you throw the best Backyard Bacon BBQ ever!
1. Let 'em know when they’ll be eating
- To avoid reheating the grill for your fashionably late friends be sure to include a cook time on your invitation with something like “The grill master will be bestowing BBQ blessings from 6pm to 7pm."
2. Make a killer cocktail
- Beer and wine are always nice al fresco but to really kick it up a notch, create a summertime signature cocktail for your guests to enjoy. We've listed 3 of our favorites below. PS They all pair well with bacon.
- Blackberry and Meyer Lemon Gin and Tonic: No cocktail cuts through the summer heat quite like a gin and tonic, and this version made with blackberries and Meyer lemon is just as refreshing as the tried-and-true classic.
- Elderflower Lemonade: Not all of us can make lemonade like Beyoncé when life gives us lemons, but we CAN make an elderflower lemonade cocktail! This elderflower lemonade is sweetly refreshing and has the perfect balance of sweet, sour and spice. It's virtually alcohol-free but does taste amazing with a kick of gin or vodka.
- The Biltmore Fuerte: This cocktail comes courtesy of the Four Seasons Biltmore Resort in Santa Barbara, CA. Yes, it's a swanky one. Trust us when we say your friends will think you've leveled all the way up. You're welcome.
3. Plan for a no-bake dessert
- Hot Summer nights just beg for no-bake desserts. However, serving ice cream or other frozen treats can be a sticky disaster if not done right. For a delicious cold sweet treat opt for individually wrapped ice cream sandwiches with bacon crumble or homemade choco tacos dipped on chocolate and bacon served on a tray.
4. Pick a playlist that fits the party theme
- Pick music that fits the mood of your party, or curate a playlist that transitions from high energy to calm and serene as the night progresses. If you have an eclectic group of friends throwbacks are a sure-fire way to keep everyone in the groove. For evening parties, we love Herb Alpert's Whipped Cream and Other Delights. For day time and a real vintage-inspired throwback, have a hula hoop contest to the tunes of Harry Belafonte.
5. Just have FUN
- If your bod isn't beach-ready you're in good company. If your decorations are a sad compilation of leftovers from previous parties, that's ok. The real pleasure of a great party is laughing, eating and enjoying the company of your amazing guests. So go with the flow and remember to have a good time. After all, you've got bacon on the menu, everyone loves you already.
6. Bacon Bonus