If your mom is anything like ours, you know that the standard card, flowers, or candy just won’t do when you are trying to show her your love, your appreciation, and your gratitude. Sure, it’s pretty easy to reach for the roses, grab a Hallmark sentiment, and hit the nearest chocolate shop (don’t get us wrong, our moms don’t mind these). However, when we asked Heidi (The Baconer’s mom), Deborah (mother to our Baconette) and Marie (our Bacon Whisperer’s mama), what they’d really appreciate from us, they shared some typical mom-isms: “We just want you to be happy,” “I have everything I need,” and “I can just buy what I want,” etc. Ah, but we know better—and, we’ll share a little secret—each of our moms independently said (and in very similar ways, so we’ll paraphrase): “I’ll never say no to more of your bacon!”
Moms Know Best
Growing up, we all got pearls of wisdom from our moms, because, let’s face it, giving advice is kind of in the mom wheelhouse. And, we do appreciate it. Here’s some of the best advice we got from our moms: Deborah, Heidi, and Marie (in that order):
- Follow the 4 C's. No criticizing. No Complaining, No Comparing No Condemning.
- Marry that girl! (aka. the Baconette). Our #Baconfam thinks this was, by far, the best piece of advice The Baconer ever got! Thank you Heidi! For more from The Baconer’s Mama, check out: “7 Facts about The Baconer as told by Mama Bacon”
- Suffering builds character...And, Always wear clean underwear!
WOW MOM—It’s an Ambigram and We Love It!
Let’s give it up for Mom—not just on Mother’s Day but every day. Who’s the one who wiped our tears (and our rears, for that matter)? Who’s always there when we need a pep talk, a dose of reality, a hug, a place to do laundry and a home-cooked meal. We think moms everywhere deserve a huge round of applause and much more because they have been WOW-ing us our entire lives. So, if you want to get your mom the ultimate gift of love, we say, shower her with the gift of bacon. She deserves something fabulous and completely unforgettable...and don’t you want to be her favorite?
If you’re not quite sure where to begin, we can help you navigate the wonderful world of Mother’s Day bacon gifts! Psst...your mom’s unique personality may be the key to identifying her true bacon profile. Is your mom:
The Classic Mom
The definition of a classic is something — or someone — timeless that never goes out of style. If your Mom checks this box, we recommend our Small Batch Bacon: a 4-pack bundle of super high quality thick cut bacon strips that she’ll love with breakfast, on sandwiches or wrapped around a meatloaf!
The Keto Mom
Is Mom crushing a high protein diet? Is she on the lookout for new flavor packed recipes to fuel the burn and stay on course? If so, the 5 of Everything package is her new best friend, loaded with specialty cuts that’ll have her cooking up a Keto-storm!
The Top Chef Mom
Perhaps your mom is a true kitchen ninja, executing the very finest cuisine with her honed palette and acute precision. The Mega Bacon Box is a bacon experience featuring our entire line-up, ensuring she’s got exactly the right cut at exactly the right time. She’ll love cooking with an old favorite in entirely new ways, and (BONUS) you just might get a taste too!
The Set-It-And-Forget-It Mom
Imagine a box of bacon showing up at Mom’s front door every 3 months, and all she has to do is cook it up and enjoy. With The Baconer’s Strip Club, that’s exactly what she’ll get for a full year. She’ll try all our specialty cuts and flavors, plus our special releases, and have access to lots of bacon inspired recipes. Get ready for lots of food pics!
Not really sure which bacon cut and flavor might be best for mom? That's okay too. We think a gift certificate makes the perfect present. Then, be sure you find out what she’s ordered with it and invite yourself over for dinner.
For a look at all the purchase possibilities of bacon gifts, visit our shop online. And, now we’ll leave you with this bacon filled ravioli recipe. Please wipe up the drool on your way out.
Marie’s Bacon-ey Ravioli with White Sauce
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/3 cup green onions
- ½ log The Baconer ground bacon
- 2 9-ounce packages of ravioli – use vegetable-filled such as spinach/cheese or squash/cheese combination
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup cottage cheese (4% fat, large curd preferred, not low fat)
- 1 cup sour cream (full fat)
- 8-12 ounces gravy (either homemade or store bought)
- 1-1/2 cups mozzarella
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- Set your oven to 350°F degrees.
- Sautée the green onions, mushrooms, and ground bacon together. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Then let it cool.
- Take two 9-ounce packages of ravioli and cook according to the package instructions. You can also make your own. Once cooked, drain and set aside.
- To make the sauce, mix together cottage cheese, sour cream and a jar of gravy.
- Mix in 1-1/2 cups mozzarella and 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Add to this the sautéed green onions, mushrooms and bacon mixture.
- Butter an 8 x 8 baking dish (Pyrex), and put a layer of sauce mixture on the bottom.
- Place a layer of ravioli on top of the sauce in rows, side by side; then add another layer of sauce, followed by ravioli, then sauce.
- Repeat and top with the remainder of the sauce and sprinkle with a little more mozzarella cheese.
- Put in the oven for 40-45 minutes.
- Bake until the top is browned.
- Serve and devour!