Bacon and beer make everything better, don’t you agree?! And, Bacon-Wrapped Beer-Braised Sausages bring together some of the planet’s most delicious foods. Think about it—beer + artisan bacon + juicy sausage that bathes in your favorite lager and then gets wrapped up in that yummy bacon. I’m salivating just typing this up!
So, get ready to raise your glass and thrill your grill. Here is my completely irresistible combo made up of these three ingredients—each of which is on my Top 10 Foods List. This recipe is perfect for stay-at-home backyard gatherings, front-porch picnics, or even kicking back as you binge watch what’s next on your Netflix lineup! Cheers!
Beer-Braised Bacon-Wrapped Sausage
Note: you can also cut these into bit-sized pieces and serve as appetizers!
Make this recipe with Smoky Paprika Bacon Strips
- 1 12-oz package of Small Batch Smokey Paprika Bacon Strips
- 6 sausages (can be mild, spicy, whatever you like)
- 32-oz Lager (we use Pacifico but any lager will do)
- Place sausage in a pot and cover with all the beer
- Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium, and simmer for 20 minutes
- Remove the sausages from the beer, place on rack and let cool to room temperature
- Wrap each sausage with one strip of bacon, securing at both ends (we use grill pinz, but you can also tuck them under, or secure with water soaked tooth picks or skewers)
- Set the grill to high heat.
- Grill sausages, turning every few minutes, until bacon has reached desired crispiness—about 10-15 minutes
- Remove from the grill—letting the sausages rest—then serve and devour!
MAKE THIS RECIPE WITH