Chicken Fried Steak is spectacular. Chicken & Waffles? Inspiration on a plate. Put ‘em together with ½” thick XXL Bacon Steaks as the star of the show and you’ve got a comfort food SUPERNOVA on your hands! Following in the footsteps of those age old favorites, we wanted to shake things up and find the most drool worthy, indulgently satisfying way to rock a Bacon Steak for Breakfast, and we think we’ve nailed it. Smoked Maple Bacon Steaks, battered and fried golden brown, served up with Belgian waffles, hot butter and maple syrup. It’s a sweet, smoky, crispy, crunchy, bacony, delicious hot mess of a flavor explosion in your mouth, and we’re pretty sure you’ll love it. It’s also an incredible hangover cure. Enjoy.
- Bacon Steaks
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1c all purpose flour
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Vegetable oil for frying
To serve with:
- Maple syrup
- Powdered sugar
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together eggs and milk
- Place flour in a separate shallow bowl and season with salt & pepper to taste
- In a large heavy skillet, fill with oil to about ¾” deep - you will need to completely submerge the Bacon Steaks. Heat oil, it’s ready when a pinch of flour bubbles when thrown in.
- One at a time, coat each Bacon Steak in flour, then soak in the egg mixture, then coat again in four.
- In a single layer, submerge battered Bacon Steaks in the oil, careful not to overcrowd. Work in batches if needed. Fry until golden, about 2 minutes. Transfer to paper towel to cool.
- Serve alongside waffles, butter, maple syrup and powdered sugar on top. Or you can stack them and serve as a Fried Bacon Steak Waffle Sandwich, with extras like eggs, cheese, pickles or slaw.
MAKE THIS RECIPE WITH: