This one’s a two-for-one! First, JalaHoney is our new favorite topping, you should make it immediately and put it on everything from oatmeal to toast to pizza to ice cream. We first made it for cocktails, but once we were smitten it wasn’t long before it made its way onto a bacon. For this recipe we brushed it onto Bacon Steaks for a new spin on Million Dollar Bacon, which we love but were ready for a refresh. Ooooh boy was that a good idea! The sweet golden honey from our backyard hives infused with the earthy heat from fresh jalapeños paired beautifully with our thick smoky bacon. We devoured it with buttered biscuits, but you could also try it with our other recipe this month: Grilled Cheese w White Cheddar, Bacon & Fig Jam.
- 1-2 fresh jalapeños per 12oz of honey (1 jalapeño will provide medium heat. If you want it hotter, increase jalapeño accordingly)
- 1 jar good quality honey
- 1 pack Maple Sugar XXL Bacon Steaks
Recipe (for the JalaHoney)
- Remove and discard jalapeño stems. Slice peppers into ⅛” rings.
- Stir rings into honey, close the jar and leave for at least 48 hrs.
- After the first day you may notice pepper juices collect on the surface of the honey, simply stir them in as they collect. The longer you infuse, the more jalapeño flavor you will get.
Recipe (for the Bacon Steaks)
- Preheat oven to 425ºF
- Arrange Bacon Steaks on a foil lined baking sheet - use a rack if you have it
- Coat the tops and sides of each steak with the Jalapeño Honey
- Bake for approx 20 mins, until steaks are nicely browned around the edges.
- Serve immediately with extra Jalapeño Honey for drizzling on top.
MAKE THIS RECIPE WITH: