This is one dish we almost didn’t write an introduction for because, doh, just saying Bacon Jalapeño Poppers say it all! This heat-packin’ snack is a winner anytime and anywhere—backyard BBQs, front-porch picnics, kick-offs, tailgates, playoffs, movie night—you name it! These are also keto-friendly and gluten free! We put this delicious finger food at the top of our list as an appetizer that is a true crowd pleaser filled with smoky, bacon-y goodness.
For those who like to prep ahead of time, you can make these in advance, and— when it’s go-time—just pop the poppers in the oven and watch these creamy, yummy creations morph into a drool-inducing snack worthy of an award!
Bacon Jalapeño Poppers
- 8 oz Smoked Lardons
- 12 fresh Jalapeños
- 1/2 cup farmers cheese or cream cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Wash, halve lengthwise and remove seeds and ribs from Jalapeños.
- Mix cheeses together in a bowl until evenly blended.
- Fill each Jalapeño half with the cheese mixture.
- Arrange cheese filled Jalapeños on a baking sheet lined with foil.
- Place 3-5 pieces of bacon on each Jalapeño half, pressing them in slightly.
- Bake about 20 minutes
MAKE THIS RECIPE WITH: