- 12 oz Smoky Paprika Lardons
- 1 chicken, skin-on, cut into 10 pieces
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled and slightly crushed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 jar Kimchi (mild or spicy)
- Noodles or rice to accompany
- In a large dutch oven, cook lardons according to The Baconer’s secret method and transfer to a plate.
- Leave bacon fat in the pan.
- Meanwhile, season chicken pieces on both sides generously with salt and pepper.
- Once bacon is removed, add chicken to pan and cook, skin side down in 12-15 minutes. Feel free to add a tablespoon of butter or olive oil is there doesn’t appear to be enough fat in the pan after cooking the lardons.
- Add garlic cloves and tomatoes to the chicken and cook about 5 minutes or until the tomatoes begin to burst.
- Add wine to the chicken and bring liquid to a boil until liquid is reduced by ½.
- Flip chicken pieces over so skin-side is facing up and is above the liquid line (if possible).
- Add kimchi and bacon nestled around the chicken.
- Bring entire pot to a simmer and reduce heat. Cook for another 25-30 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165° F
- Serve on top of rice or thick butter noodles.
MAKE THIS RECIPE WITH: