- 12 oysters cleaned and shucked
- 4-5 strips Smoky Paprika or Cracked Pepper bacon
For the topping
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter - room temperature
- 2 oz grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 oz grated Asiago cheese
- 8 leaves spinach
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a skillet, blanch the spinach in water until soft (1-2 minutes)
- Remove spinach from water, squeeze lightly to remove excess water, and chop until fine.
- In a bowl with a fork, combine butter, spinach, Parmesan, Asiago, salt and pepper until well incorporated and smooth.
- Fry bacon strips according to The Baconers' secret method.
- Chop bacon into small 1/8" strips.
- Take the shucked oyster halves and place 1 tbsp of the topping on top of the raw oyster.
- Arrange oysters on a cookie sheet with a rack and broil until topping is fully melted and bubbling.
- Sprinkle bacon on top and broil another 30 seconds.
- Remove, let cool slightly and enjoy!
The oysters can also be cooked on a hot barbecue. If you are going this route, add the topping and the bacon and then grill until the topping is melted and bubbling.
MAKE THIS RECIPE WITH: