- 12oz pack of Smoky Paprika Small Batch Bacon
- 2 cups uncooked rolled oats
- 4 cups water
- 5 scallions, light green and white portions thinly sliced, and separately, the dark green portions sliced for topping
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar, grated (about 2 cups)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Fried or poached eggs, for topping (1 per person; optional)
- In a medium pot bring water and a pinch of salt to boil.
- Add in oats and cook on low stirring for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, cover and let stand.
- Meanwhile cook bacon. Once cool, cut into small pieces.
- Fry eggs (if using)
- When ready, add 3/4 of the bacon and cheese, plus the light green/white scallions into the oatmeal.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide oatmeal into bowls topping each with a fried egg, the remaining cheese & bacon and the dark green scallions.
- Serve and enjoy this hearty breakfast.
MAKE THIS RECIPE WITH: