Our kids call these Bacon Bombs, we like to call them The Ultimate Quintessential Amazing Delicious Breakfast Experience. Soft boiled eggs, wrapped in breakfast sausage, wrapped in bacon...what more is there to say?
- 12 strips bacon
- 1lb loose sausage meat
- 6 eggs
- ¼ c vinegar
- Preheat oven to 425ºF
- Soft boil eggs; Put eggs and vinegar in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Eggs should in a single layer with about 1” of water above. Bring water to a boil, remove from heat and let sit for 3 minutes, uncovered. With a slotted spoon, transfer eggs to an ice bath and cool completely. Once cooled, carefully peel under running water.
- Divide sausage meat into 6 equal parts. Starting with a single portion, flatten the meat mixture into an oval in the palm of your hand.
- Lay one soft boiled egg into the center of the oval. Carefully fold the meat around the egg, making sure to cover the egg completely. Repeat for all eggs and set aside.
- Wrap 2 pieces of bacon around each egg. This can be a little tricky so watch the video to see how we do it.
- Place wrapped eggs on an upside muffin tin placed in a baking sheet (to catch the grease) Cook for 25 minutes. Remove and let cool slightly before serving slicing in half and serving.
MAKE THIS RECIPE WITH: