- 2 steaks sized to wrap bacon strip/s around the outside
- Thick cut bacon strips, 1-2 strips per steak depending on steak size
- 3 tbsp butter
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°f
- Lightly salt and pepper both sides of each steak
- For smaller steaks, wrap 1 strip bacon around each steak. For larger steaks, use second strip trimmed to correct length to avoid excessive overlap. Secure with kitchen twine or toothpicks.
- Place heavy oven proof pan on high heat. Once hot, add butter to melt.
- Once butter is melted, quickly add steaks to skillet, and sear first side until browned, approx 2 mins
- Flip steaks to sear the other side another 2 minutes while spooning melted butter over steaks.
- Still in hot skillet, transfer steaks to middle rack of the oven and roast until internal reading with instant read thermometer reaches 135°f for medium rare, 145°f for medium
- Remove from oven and let rest for 2-3 minutes before slicing.
MAKE THIS RECIPE WITH: