- 3 1/2 Cups cooked rice - day old is best
- 12oz Jalapeño lardons - cut down the larger pieces into smaller ones
- 4 scallions, chopped, separate green and white parts
- 4 eggs, scrambled
- 2/3 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 3/4 cups Shitake mushrooms, cut into 1/4" cubes
- 1/4 lb shrimp -cut up
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- 1.5 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- Cook Jalapeño lardons according to The Baconers' Secret method.
- Scramble eggs.
- Using a very large pan (larger than you think) or a wok, heat oil in pan
- Add onions and cook 20-30 secs until fragrant.
- Add peas and bell pepper. Cook a few minutes. Add shrimp and stir.
- When the shrimps begin to change color, throw in the cooked rice.
- Stir until incorporated.
- Add the scrambled eggs - make sure they are nicely broken up.
- Add cooked bacon and mushrooms.
- Now begin to season...add in the oyster sauce, soy sauce and white pepper to taste - a little bit at a time.