Millionaire's Bacon is having a moment...and well deserved too. This easy to make indulgence truly is the greatest of bacon treats, with its sweet brown sugar coating and a tingle of heat to spice things up. I had never made Millionaire's Bacon before, but with the launch of our new Baconer Steaks, I now had the perfect cut of bacon and I knew I had to try it.
These are an absolute crowd pleaser as an appetizer, brunch side (or just breakfast), but if you really want to impress your guests, try using them to create what will now be a summer staple at my house: the MILLIONAIRE'S BACON CHEESEBURGER!!
Millionaire's Bacon - makes 4-5 pcs
- 1 18oz package Sweet Maple Baconer Steaks
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper (adjust up or down for desired spiciness)
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Combine sugar and spices in a bowl.
- Place a wire rack on top of a baking sheet. If you don’t have one, line the baking sheet with parchment.
- Lay Baconer Steaks onto the rack/parchment paper so they are not touching.
- Evenly distribute the spice mixture across the top side of each steak, lightly pressing to compact it down.
- Transfer to oven and bake until spice mixture is melted and the steaks are lightly browned, 20-25 mins
- Remove from oven. If you can stand the anticipation, let cool a few minutes before devouring
MAKE THIS RECIPE WITH: