- 12 oz Sweet Maple Lardons
- 4 eggs
- 4 handfuls young frisée, washed and torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice (seeds removed)
- 2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 4 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Cook lardons according to The Baconers’ secret method.
- Fill a large saucepan with 2” of lightly salted water and bring to a boil.
- Crack an egg into a cup and gently slide into the water. Repeat for each egg.
- Cook eggs until whites are starting to set (but yolk is still runny) - around 3 minutes. (You may need to run this in batches so the eggs are not crowded)
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer eggs to a paper towel to set and finish cooking.
- Combine lemon juice, Dijon mustard and Kosher salt. While whisking slowly drizzle in olive oil until vinaigrette is emulsified.
- Create a bed of frisée on each plate. Decorate with lardons and 1 poached egg.
- Drizzle with dressing and finish with fresh cracked pepper.
- (Alternatively you can dress all the frisée at once and divide evenly between 4 plates.)
MAKE THIS RECIPE WITH: